Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Odds, Ends and Total Damnation


Have you ever seen Session 9? It's an excellent movie. Very underrated. Deep, twisted, bloody, and at times horrifying. Though it wasn't altogether cherished by our nation's pretentious media, it remains one of the more well-crafted ghost stories of the past ten years. But that's only my opinion.

Nevertheless, the film, about a worker who starts to "lose it" while cleaning asbestos from a condemned insane asylum, was made on location at what is in real life a condemned insane asylum. Danvers State Hospital (pictured below) in Massachussetts, was purportedly the site of some outrageously fucked up, dramas of the mad, including but not limited to lobotomies and other experimental psychiatric treatment, murders, escapes, hauntings, etc. You know, the good stuff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, a real estate developer called AvalonBay is turning the grounds into 500 luxury apartments and condos. According to the Wall Street Journal, with the current boom in real estate demand, sprawling mental institutions that were federally deinstitutionalized in the 1980s have become huge targets for opportunistic real estate capitalists in major cities all over the nation. The large tracts of land where these asylums are located are ideal for this purpose given their size, attractive and non-traditional architecture and proximity to major cities.

Of course, has-been nuthouses come with other baggage. In the case of Danvers, which opened in the 1870s and is on the National Registry of Historic Buildings, there are ghost stories and disgruntled local residents, some of whom had friends and relatives committed there. Oh yeah, also there are several hundred patients buried on the hospital grounds. Many without headstones.

So my question is, why the fuck would you want to live there? Even if you aren't like me (confident in the theory of Atlantis), wouldn't you want to draw the line somewhere when it comes to living in a weird place?

Whatever.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Doesn't this picture rule?

Another thing I wanted to mention is that you should check out the following site, so that we can mind chat sometime. I'm always open, and I promise I won't "scan" you. Unless you piss me off. Feel free to drop me a vibe.

Telepathy Instructions.


"Many visions of hell report that giant worms will chew on your body."

That is one of the many genius quotes on this website, which is, by the way, completely serious. Awesome stuff. http://www.yourgoingtohell.com/

Check out this prayer I found on the site:

Father,
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I plead the precious
uncorruptable blood of Jesus over myself and my family and everything that
belongs to us. I ask for giant warrior Angels to be loosed from Heaven to
surround and protect us. As your war club and weapons of war I break down,
undamn, and blow up all walls of protection around all witches, warlocks,
wizards, satanists, and the like, and I break the power of all curses, hexes,
vexes, spells, charms, fetishes, physic prayers, physic thought, all witchcraft,
sorcery, magic, voodoo, all mind control, jinxes, potions, bewitchments, death,
destruction, sickness, pain, torment, physic power, physic warfare, prayer
chains, and everything else being sent my way or my family members way, and I
return it and the demons to the senders right now!, SEVENFOLD, and I BIND it to
them by the blood of Jesus! Father, I pray that these lost souls will find the
light of your son Jesus.. Their own snares and traps have been set against
themselves.. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth I now loose them from all
mindcontrol of Satan!.. Father I also ask that you Bind the Holy Spirit to there
hearts as a guide to your son Jesus.. So they may be set free from the bondages
of Satan. In Jesus name I pray...Amen


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Gives your ol pal Marty the willies.

Shakes.
eXTReMe Tracker
Adult Dating Site
Adult Dating Site